7 replies to this topic

#1 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Friday I ate a cone of pistachio gelato sitting near this display.

It's Angelo Brocato's, a Sicilian bakery in NOLA, now in its 113th year.

They fill cannoli with pistachio cream as well - I don't think any are on display - prolly they get soggy that way - they fill them to order.

I had a good cup of cafe au lait as well, and left with a Greek Cap and some other thing that looks like clam shell.

Attached Files

You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#2 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

Attached Files

You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#3 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

This was after leaving a restaurant wherein I drank two glasses of beer.  There were not many on tap, and either I was too well familiar with them or didn't like the answers I got about the unfamiliar ones.  You mean sour, like a Lambic, Belgian sour?  No, more like an more-sour Corona.  So, even knowing it was an IPA, I rolled the dice on the IPA, because IPA was the exact opposite of what I would have liked.

And shit, Christ, howdy.  The pint was so good I ordered a snoofter or whatever it is, 24-oz.  It was like a Grapefruit Milkshake.  Unfiltered, cloudy yellow like piss.  Thick white head of unusual texture that lingered to the bottom of the glass.  Cascade hops and tropical fruit.  I thought it was from Oregon, or New England.  Got home and found out it's from Louisiana.  It's called Jucifer.

jucifer.jpg

#4 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

Picked up a six pack today at the Piggly Wiggly.  Along with one of their Korova Milk Porter.  I'd been seeing both in the beer case there for some time, but didn't want to take a chance on something that was all $12 a sixpack nice graphics.  Didn't recognize the name at the restaurant, and didn't see the graphic because I was far from the tap and there was no image in the menu.

Might have to hit the tasting room - it's not exactly close by, maybe 50 miles, but intriguing enough to get a hobbit out of the hole:]

https://gnarlybeer.com/gnarbar.html

#5 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

I used to get jealous when reading about people drinking rare and exotic spirits. Now I get jealous over really good pastry.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#6 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

I know the feeling. Those creampuff strawberry things in the middle of the top shelf - I brought two of those home to the granddaughters, and after a taste that I was allowed, wished I had a bucket full of them. If you ever find yourself near the upper (away from the river) end of Canal Street, let me know and we'll indulge together. It was my first visit, and I've been hearing about the place all my life.
The clamshell thing was a Sfogliatella, fwiw. Very chewy, but in a nice way.

#7 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,613 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

That would be a wonderful good time. I very much like to do that.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#8 Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900

Queen of Bad Xirts

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts
  • Interests:You gotta ask?

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

Damn, that looks good.

I'm guessing Clemenza would have emptied the case.

Remember, an armed TXLF is a polite TXLF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users