15 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

'Ghost population' of ancient humans may have mated with ancestors of modern humans

I guess there was some ancient CG who wasn't too species specific.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#2 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

I remember the docent at a small Indian museum in Ohio explaining that the earlier arrowheads were finer workmanship and more sophisticated than the later ones. She was convinced that there were people living in North America long before the tribes that we are aware of.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#3 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:16 PM

The ancient north American natives were metal smiths, mining, metalworking and highly stylized art were common features of the paleo-indian culture, as well as sophisticated flint napping, stone cutting and polishing. by the time of the woodland peoples, all that was lost.

Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#4 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:31 AM

https://www.tpt.org/...t-world-uhfgsq/

I recorded this recently and haven't watched it all yet, but this expedition found a cave that apparently has not been entered by humans for 40,000 years or so.  They think this is the case because the area is difficult to get into, requiring a lot of rope and dangerous climbing/descending, and the cave is even more so.  Entering the cave, they immediately found the ubiquitous hand prints, made by placing hands on the stone and spraying coloration from the mouth - all over the cave.  The hands look more like monkey hands than human hands to me ....

You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#5 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

The hand prints in some of the ancient caves turned out to be a type of lizard, the artist used the lizard hand as a stencil, maybe to keep from getting dirty, or maybe because it was easier, there could be other reasons too.

Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#6 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, such as lizard people. I mean, this cave is three fourths of the way or more up the side a steep pinnacle sticking out of the jungle (and it's covered by jungle as well). The explorers had to get up there hanging onto ropes. It would be smooth sailing for lizards.
You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#7 Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900

Queen of Bad Xirts

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • Interests:You gotta ask?

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:02 PM

Ancients, and Lizard People. I thought this was a thread about Fee Verte.

Remember, an armed TXLF is a polite TXLF

#8 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

They probably found lizard DNA from that ghost population; they're just afraid to admit it.

#9 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:17 PM

I was recently told that the Fee Verte archives are intact and preserved, just not online, for what that's worth.

#10 Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900

Queen of Bad Xirts

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, such as lizard people. I mean, this cave is three fourths of the way or more up the side a steep pinnacle sticking out of the jungle (and it's covered by jungle as well). The explorers had to get up there hanging onto ropes. It would be smooth sailing for lizards.

And Stacy Keach..AKA Sgt. Stadanko

Attached Files

Edited by Absinthe_1900, 16 February 2020 - 12:34 PM.

#11 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

Forgot all about that. All he needs is a mouthful of red ochre and we've solved the entire mystery.

I liked Stacy as Bad Bob the Albino in the movie about Judge Roy Bean.

After he murdered a horse, then ordered some poor bastard to cook the horse:

Poor Bastard: How do you like your horse?

Bad Bob:  Blue!

l7p64348j4028p36.jpg?skj2io4l

#12 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:11 PM

I'm assuming everybody here (all six of us, although I do see a surprising, if modest, number of "guests" present on some visits here) gets it about the lizard people.  In case not, the Russians running our elections are the least of our worries:  https://www.vox.com/...heory-explainer

#13 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Tector Crites (Ned Beatty) the bartender had words of wisdom in that film.

There is nothing worse than a harlot turned respectable. A reformed anything is bad enough, but a reformed harlot is the direct wrath of the Devil. Seems that those who have spent time giving pleasure for profit are all the more zealous when it comes to dealing out misery.

I highly recommend this movie.  Funny as hell, bleak and hopeful at the same time.  The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean with Paul Newman.  Not the one with Gary Cooper, which has its moments (rub o the brush).  Seriously, this movie is a way underrated masterpiece.

#14 Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900

Queen of Bad Xirts

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

I had forgotten about Bad Bob, and how he got some fresh air.

They should have given a nod to Rub O The Brush, Paul Newman could have had fun with a Mug O The brush scene.

#15 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Paul and the gang did seem to favor beer.

The thing about that scene with Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan with the rub o the brush, other than it burning a hole in the bar, is their eyes.  They did more with their eyes, standing across the bar from each other, than most actors can do with their entire being.  Bette Davis herself couldn't have done better.

Skip to around 13 minutes in for the scene.

#16 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:49 AM

I especially like the scene with Roy Bean and the Reverend Mr. LaSalle (Anthony Perkins).

1118full-the-life-and-times-of-judge-roy

Rev. Mr. LaSalle : What has happened here?

Judge Roy Bean : These men tried to hang me. They have been killed for it.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle : How many of 'em are there?

Judge Roy Bean : A lot of 'em.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle : Who did the killing?

Judge Roy Bean : I did. They were bad men, and the whores weren't ladies.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle : Vengeance is mine sayeth, the Lord!

Judge Roy Bean : It was. I'm waiting for the buzzards. They don't deserve burying.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle :  Maybe they don't, but they ought to be. They are a stench and an abomination! I got a shovel if you don't.

Rev. Mr. LaSalle : I shall pray for you, Bean. This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Judge Roy Bean :  Piss on 'em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users