#1 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:45 PM

Throbbing Gristle to Release First New LP in 25 Years

In February, Mute Records will release the first new Throbbing Gristle studio album in 25 years, entitled Part Two. Here's the tracklist, spelling and grammar mistakes included:

01 Vow of Silence
02 Rabbit Snare
03 Seperated
04 Almost a Kiss
05 Greasy Spoon
06 Lyre Liar
07 Above the Below
08 Endless Not
09 Worm Waits It's Turn
10 After the Fall

Unlike most bands, which entice hardcore fans into buying their new record as soon as it comes out with limited edition packaging or some silly bonus DVD, Throbbing Gristle have something truly special in store for people who buy the first 4000 copies of Part Two. Each CD will contain one of four "totemic gifts" embedded in its jewel case, made of either copper, bone, rubber or wood, and hand-crafted "under [band member] Peter Christopherson's personal supervison in Thailand", according to Throbbing Gristle's website. Whether or not those "totemic gifts" come loaded with some kind of ancient curse is unclear. But hey, it can't be worse than a Sony rootkit, right?

In the meantime, if you're looking for the perfect holiday present for the person in your life with three-inch-diameter holes in their earlobes, then consider tickets to the two-day Throbbing Gristle New Year's celebration in Berlin, happening at Volksbühne on December 31 and January 1.

On New Year's Eve, Throbbing Gristle, featuring all of its original members (Christopherson, Cosey Fanni Tutti, Chris Carter, and Genesis P-Orridge) will headline an electronic music blowout that will also feature performances by T. Raumschmire, Thomas Brinkmann, and Justus Köhncke. The next night, the band will perform a live soundtrack accompaniment to Derek Jarman's 1980 movie In the Shadow of the Sun.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#2 Selmac

Selmac

Smellsac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, snowboarding, fishing, little biking, drinking, trying new reaturants, this 'n that. Holy shit I need more interests......

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

I think that they are doing a few shows, too. That is something I would like to see.

#3 Absomphe

Absomphe

Fucking Tardo for Life

• Horses Asses - A Horses Ass
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Interests:Antiques of all kinds.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:18 PM

Oh, you kids!
To the bar, for flaming Hills enemas!

#4 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:54 PM

Kid? That's the nicest (or most ignorant) thing I've been called in a long time.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#5 Absomphe

Absomphe

Fucking Tardo for Life

• Horses Asses - A Horses Ass
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Interests:Antiques of all kinds.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:45 PM

And that's how I meant it.
To the bar, for flaming Hills enemas!

#6 Porkio

Porkio

Lounge Lizard

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • Interests:wasting time

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:37 AM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
Thanks Greenone!

P'Orridge is a clown now, but this sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to try and get one of the cursed charms.

Why oh why can't they do a NYC show? Maybe they will. P'Orridge lives here, so maybe he can pull some strings.

#7 GreenGullet

GreenGullet

Let's do this...

• Core Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:I love to get up close and personal with the urban "element"

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

Wow, that'd be worth it just to see a screening of In The Shadow Of The Sun.

It's the only Jarman feature I've never seen, or been able to find. Of course I tripped acid to the TG soundtrack when I was in high school.

The liner art showed a thin, hairless face tilted towards some bright light, with the eyelids closed and an archaic smile on the face. Two slender fingers were laid across the throat, atop the jugular.

The caption underneath read "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."
Just imagine what occult significance this phrase can take on under the influence!

Another picture showed a human figure with a dog's head clad in a suit, in some darkened industrial setting. I seem to recall reading that this was actually Derek Jarman himself, in his only cameo.

Hmmm.

Any other Derek Jarman fans here, or have I once again taken on the role of windbag and boor?
"Ah cain't qwit chu !"

#8 Bognoz

Bognoz

Tea Bro

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,339 posts
  • Interests:Ennui fascinates me.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Do you think the anal rape
prowler was really hoping for
a different bit of gristle here?
Pretty animal doesn't trust you,
unless you prepare a great hot chocolate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users