TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:22 AM

Psychopathy and intelligence in high-risk violent women

ABSTRACT

There has been a longstanding debate and mixed evidence on the link between psychopathy and intelligence. Most of the existing research comes from male prisoners, with the literature on female psychopathy and
intelligence remaining sparse. Thus, the current study explored the correlational association between psychopathy and intelligence in a sample of high-risk violent female offenders. This is the first study of its kind from the Offender Personality Disorder (OPD) pathway for women in the United Kingdom (UK). The sample includes high-risk violent women presenting with severe personality disorder. In the present study, we conducted a correlational examination between total scores, and the 2-factor and 4-facet structure of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) with intelligence using the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS). No significant associations were found between total PCL-R scores, or factor 2, and intelligence. Positive associations were found between verbal comprehension and factor 1 and the interpersonal facet. Thus, the results suggest high-risk violent female offenders with interpersonal psychopathic traits demonstrate higher levels of verbal comprehension skills. This finding may help explain why psychopathic female offenders, who can be characterized by
deceitful and egocentric behaviours, may be able to successfully charm and con others for their own personal gain.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#2 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

Gotta love em

Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#3 DrinkSlinger

DrinkSlinger

Stupid Dumb Dinky

• Admin
  • -8,383,683 posts
  • Interests:Enlightenment... and living like there's no 2010.

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

Damn correlational studies.
for some people, there's money in absinthe. And for some, there's only absinthe in absinthe.

#4 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

This finding may help explain why psychopathic female offenders, who can be characterized by deceitful and egocentric behaviours, may be able to successfully charm and con others for their own personal gain.

Psychopaths are by definition deceitful and egocentric.  Charming and conning others is the nature of their game.  They also tend to be highly intelligent and verbally skillful.  I don't see how anything in that abstract is news.

You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#5 Bognoz

Bognoz

Tea Bro

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts
  • Interests:Ennui fascinates me.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:29 AM

Seems ridiculous to ask anyone here

how they came to be so intimately

familiar with psychopathology.

Pretty animal doesn't trust you,
unless you prepare a great hot chocolate.

#6 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:40 AM

I recently read a hefty book on Columbine High School - finished it in 24 hours. Learned a lot about psychopaths, and learned more from reading sources cited in the book. I've known for years that I score highly as a psychopath on the standard tests for such, so yeah, it's not too far from home.
Eric Harris, planner of the Columbine massacre, seemed like a polite, clean upright boy to almost everyone who knew him. Smart, charming, etc. In his diary he documented that he lied to everybody, all the time. He got good grades. He wrote a paper at school in which he said, imagine a football stadium full of people; imagine them all dead in a flash, that's the sort of thing the 3rd Reich did daily. In his diary he documented the pleasure he was going to take in doing it himself.

One thing I didn't understand about psychopaths previously was that they are literally incapable of feeling empathy. It's not that they make a choice, it's that their brains are not wired that way. Someone throws a baby off a balcony, it doesn't move them whatsoever. They don't understand why it moves anyone. To the extent that they give it any further thought, it's along the lines of "how can I use such a situation for my own benefit". The world is about them, and nothing else.
You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#7 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:56 AM

I wonder about my mind, I get obsessed easy.

I wander about my mind, I get lost

thoughts here and there, the display depends on what I feed them

never thought a broken leg was real bad til I had one,

I found it is much different when it's your own so for me empathy is memory

Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#8 jaded prol

jaded prol

communiste moustachu qui boit la vie luxuriante

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts
  • Interests:The sensual and the essential

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

Empathy is the relation of ones own feelings and memories to others, recognition of the "I" in "thou" as Martin Buber wrote. It is an ancient built in survival skill of herd animals including we Dinosimians (terrible apes) which makes civilization possible. Some are born without this. Bunny that used to come to louchfests was one. A tortured but not bad soul. Our political and economic systems have become increasingly psychopathic  with "Ayn Randism" being a prime example -- anti-empathetic, self-centered and destructive with the scum rising to the top.

Drinking for medicinal reasons.

You may say I'm a drinker
but I'm not the only one.

#9 Bognoz

Bognoz

Tea Bro

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Synchysis for Aileen Wuornos

#10 Bognoz

Bognoz

Tea Bro

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:04 AM

A geography lesson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users