Benevolent Despot

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts
  • Interests:Not interested.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

I never knew it was a problem.

Florida lawmakers consider bill banning ornamental testicles

TALLAHASSEE, Florida - They're proudly displayed by any self-respecting bull, but dangling big metal ones on the back end of a truck could be banned in Florida.

Metal replicas of bull testicles have become trendy bumper ornaments in some parts of the state, but Carey Baker, a state senator, is campaigning to ban the orbs.

Baker acknowledged that Florida lawmakers have more pressing issues, including huge revenue shortfalls, but said the state needs to draw a line on what's obscene before more objectionable adornments appear.

State Senator Steve Geller argued against Baker's bill.

"I find it shocking that we should be telling people that have the metallic bull testicles ... you're now going to have points on your license for this," said Geller.

Geller was in the minority. Baker's bill to fine drivers $60 (?40) for displaying the ornaments passed the Senate. It's now up to the lower house of the state legislature, but there's only a slim chance that members of that chamber would pass the measure before the session ends next Friday.

If it were to be passed, Governor Charlie Crist has not indicated whether he would sign it, although he has not been very critical of this and other less pressing issues.

"It's good to have some things that maybe aren't quite as serious. Got to have a little levity," Crist said.

A similar bill in Virginia, aimed at rubber trailer hitch replicas of human genitalia, died in committee this year.
C'est ma santé

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”

#2 DrinkSlinger

DrinkSlinger

Stupid Dumb Dinky

• Admin
  • -8,383,690 posts
  • Interests:Enlightenment... and living like there's no 2010.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

Funny.
I've noticed, around here on 4X4's, the taller the lift, the more likely the display of faux testes.

Gotta git me another 6" of lift and a set O' them plastic balz™,
for some people, there's money in absinthe. And for some, there's only absinthe in absinthe.

#3 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,496 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

rubber trailer hitch replicas of human genitalia,

What makes them human?
Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#4 Rimbaud

Rimbaud

Clown ear, or mere buggery? That is the question!

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Interests:Spanning time.<br /><br />Designing shit.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:51 AM

Short & curlies?

There's sometimes a buggy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users