• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Slackjaw

Slackjaw

The xit cuz he wears Fluevogs

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Axe slinger wielding my own home-made custom guitars, Unlimited Air Race 4000HP engine screaming 500MPH 50ft off the ground watchin mofo, computer geek network fixer-upper chop shop hack I gots a shortcut for everything sumbitch

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

Though I've missed everyone here, I've been real busy in the RL. Hope you are all well... CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.myspace.c...ostmodernheroes
Try a DONKEYBURGER -- and you'll say, "This tastes like ASS!"

#2 Crosby

Crosby

Benevolent Despot

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,533 posts
  • Interests:Not interested.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Sounding good!
C'est ma santé

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”

#3 Kirk

Kirk

Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

Free Bird!
Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#4 Louchelooker

Louchelooker

LoogieLicker

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • Interests:I don't like interests and they don't like me.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

So you're the one trying to be friends on myspace. Dude, myspace is dead. You gotta get a facebook page now. I didn't make the rules. I liked myspace. There's just nobody on it anymore. I'll go accept the friend request, but I really never go there anymore.
"Yes," said the girl. "Everything tastes of licorice. Especially all the things you've waited so long for, like absinthe." E.H.

#5 Louchelooker

Louchelooker

LoogieLicker

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

I guess with 209 friends some people are still on myspace. Now you have 210.
"Yes," said the girl. "Everything tastes of licorice. Especially all the things you've waited so long for, like absinthe." E.H.

#6 TheGreenOne

TheGreenOne

The VerteScum

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

I like it.

shuck and jive is an important skill

I cannot play music on an infinite keyboard.

#7 Slackjaw

Slackjaw

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Axe slinger wielding my own home-made custom guitars, Unlimited Air Race 4000HP engine screaming 500MPH 50ft off the ground watchin mofo, computer geek network fixer-upper chop shop hack I gots a shortcut for everything sumbitch

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Well Facebook is not all that grate for band stuff, actually. We do have a Facebook page. MySpace is a great way to promote bands, but the problem is that bands are the only thing active on there now! :/

Yes... 211 friends. We just recorded these tunes and just set up the site so there was no reason to promo it until now. That number should climb real quick!

Thanks for your input. We recorded these tunes "down and dirty" in a cheezy rehearsal space not really set up for recording. It is basically just us playing live. The only over tracks were a couple of vocal fixes and the geetar solos. We were in and out from setup to teardown and a rough mix all within 24hrs. We actually did 4 songs, but I discovered that my guitar was outta tune on the first song we tracked at 1:00am. The headphone mix was less than optimal and I could not even hear that I was out. So I have to go back and re-do my track on that one before we can post it...

#8 Louchelooker

Louchelooker

LoogieLicker

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, for band stuff it's great. And like I said, I like myspace. I don't go on there anymore 'cause everybody moved over to f.b., but if myspace is the way to go for bands then that's what ya gotta do.

And I like the tunes, I just like the one better than the others. Keep up the good work and when you go on your world tour and make a stop in Boston I want backstage passes and all kinds of cool band stuff!

#9 Slackjaw

Slackjaw

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hey... maybe we'll take you on the road as the band's garbage collector. HA! Thanks Loog... if we ever do make it to Boston, you got it.

#10 Louchelooker

Louchelooker

LoogieLicker

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

Xit, if I go on the road with you I want the job of standing the mike stand up when it falls down on stage. Ha! (obscure Wayne's World II [xitty sequel] reference)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users