Kirk Cameroon

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:I like many people.
    Have a theory.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

How about that Roger Daltrey?
I was down in Florida for the last few weeks when I heard the Who was playing the Super bowl.
I checked the weather report at home and saw 2 feet of snow topped with ice. So I raced on back just in time to shovel my driveway and see the Who sing "Who Are You?"
I was worried about the acoustics, singing in a stadium is no easy trick, too much delay, and a lot of feed back. His words couldn't have been timed better.
Time to get back to watching the commercials.
Tool making Bi-Ped
http://www.absintheherbs.com

#2 Louched Liver

Louched Liver

The Mayor

• Horses Asses - A Horses Ass
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Cool stage.
ENORMUS DICK

#3 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

Fuck the washed up who.

There were two different commercials with Arcade Fire music; I hate commercials and both of those had more going for them than that halftime show, or at least that's my assumption, since I didn't watch it.

Hell of a game, though. Things are pretty crazy here in Louisiana right now.
You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#4 Crosby

Crosby

Benevolent Despot

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,531 posts
  • Interests:Not interested.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

They may be a couple of old men, but they can still deliver. I had such a big smile going that my face still hurts.
C'est ma santé

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”

#5 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Well they are pros. If I had thought they would have played Boris the Spider, I might have even watched them. Or Squeeze Box. Arcade Fire would have been more depeche mode. So would have Depeche Mode. I would have tuned into that with no football game around it.

Edited by artemis, 07 February 2010 - 10:53 PM.

You might be surprised how well old goat sausages are able to stand up to the heat.

#6 Crosby

Crosby

Benevolent Despot

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,531 posts
  • Interests:Not interested.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

That's the problem, the football game around it. There's only so much you can do in 12 minutes. It was just good to see they still had fire in their bellys.
C'est ma santé

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”

#7 Louched Liver

Louched Liver

The Mayor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

The Who in the early 80s is the only concert I ever walked out of.
Boring, boring, boring, except Pete.

Saw the Stones in the same venue about the same time and they were amazing.
ENORMUS DICK

#8 Louchelooker

Louchelooker

LoogieLicker

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • Interests:I don't like interests and they don't like me.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

I thought they did really well. Whoever chose that jacket for Pete though should be fired. He kept trying to keep it off the guitar as it flapped over it while he was playing. I'm sure when he got finished he thrashed the hell out of wardrobe for that xit.
"Yes," said the girl. "Everything tastes of licorice. Especially all the things you've waited so long for, like absinthe." E.H.

#9 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well I waited 43 years for the Saints to win a Superbowl, so the commercials and the halftime entertainment were nothing to me. The Saints are another story, and it's more than just football, but if you're not from around here, you more than likely don't realize just how special it was. And Katrina has nothing to do with it, at least not for me. I just dropped some ladies off at the Algiers ferry - they are crossing the river into New Orleans for the Saints parade tonight. It was a nightmare of traffic, with cars flying Saints flags, people staggering up the levee, etc. And the parade doesn't even start until about dark thirty. It's cold and the wind is stiff today - to hell with standing on the street and coming home with a headache. I was satisfied with the game; no need to drag it out.

#10 Louched Liver

Louched Liver

The Mayor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Never a need, sometimes a wish.
ENORMUS DICK

#11 artemis

artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Maybe I see what you mean about wishing; it's better than needing.

Edited by artemis, 09 February 2010 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users