• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Amber von Doom

Amber von Doom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:1930's, 1940's, alcohol, alfonse mucha, alphaville, american eskimos, art, astrology, bartending, bauhaus, berlin, brandy, celtic legends, cognac, concerts, digital photography, fashion design, graphic art, history, ireland, j.w. waterhouse, katherine hepburn, los angeles, mars, michael parkes, motherhood, muses, music, mysticism, mythology, new york city, photography, pt cruisers, reading, religion, religious history, riesling, rum, sewing, synthpop, travel, uk, vodka, wine, writing, wwii

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Don Miguel Gascon Malbec 2006

It's from high altitude vineyards in Argentina and it's just wonderful. Every review I've read about this wine has been overwhelmingly positive - especially for the price of around $11-$13. I think it's very easy to drink and coming from a white-wine drinker I think that says something. I usually have to drink red wines with food of some kind but the Malbec I can drink on its own and enjoy it. The Wine Advocate rated it "90".
and if some one asks her
where do you go to, she thinks for a while before she answers
i don't know...
and she says, there's no destination on this spiral highway

#2 Grim

Grim

Señor Insignificant Ass

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Absinthe.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Someone should distill it.

Wanna trade for a bottle?
It was always the becoming he dreamed of, never the being...

#3 Amber von Doom

Amber von Doom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:1930's, 1940's, alcohol, alfonse mucha, alphaville, american eskimos, art, astrology, bartending, bauhaus, berlin, brandy, celtic legends, cognac, concerts, digital photography, fashion design, graphic art, history, ireland, j.w. waterhouse, katherine hepburn, los angeles, mars, michael parkes, motherhood, muses, music, mysticism, mythology, new york city, photography, pt cruisers, reading, religion, religious history, riesling, rum, sewing, synthpop, travel, uk, vodka, wine, writing, wwii

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

pfft. You don't have to trade me. I'll give you one if I can get one to you. If I don't have an extra bottle in my cabinet I'll get one from work for you!
and if some one asks her
where do you go to, she thinks for a while before she answers
i don't know...
and she says, there's no destination on this spiral highway

#4 Grim

Grim

Señor Insignificant Ass

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Absinthe.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

I'll look in my cabinet, too... seeing as I'll be needing to take a few bottles out for Kirk this week.
It was always the becoming he dreamed of, never the being...

#5 absinthist

absinthist

AbsentTits

• Jockeys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting per se.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

Conde de Farnals Reserva 1997 DDO, Castillo de la Cruz Gran Reserva 1998 DDO
"therefore the injury that is to be done to a man ought to be of such a kind that one does not stand in fear of revenge"

"Men’s hatreds generally spring from fear or envy"

N. Machiavelli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users